Looking for a challenge? Want to be part of a growing and dynamic insurance company and take the next step in your career? Reporting to the Actuarial Manager, the Life Actuary for Monument Insurance is a critical role in ensuring the ongoing management of the actuarial function.
- Support preparation of the reporting and regulatory requirements of Solvency II – CBI reporting, Board reporting, Pillar III QRTs, ORSAs, other Group Reporting;
- Participate in actuarial investigations into the mortality and morbidity experience of the company and assumption setting;
- Support calculation of actuarial reserves in respect of premiums and claims on a regular basis for management reporting, financial statement and prudential reporting purposes. Help to maintain robust, stable and auditable systems for calculating the required reserves;
- Develop models for producing technical provisions and capital requirements under the Solvency II regime;
- Participate in the due diligence of new acquisitions as required by the business;
- Analysis and Preparation of data from internal and external sources, data quality checking, implementation of internal controls;
- Documentation of procedures and processes.
- Contribute to Monuments risk reporting process to ensure that appropriate information is presented to
senior management and Board(s).
- Provide actuarial support to other departments, particularly the finance and risk teams. Ensure the activities and actions of the actuarial team are in the best interest of the Monument group and are mindful of the group’s good standing and reputation.
- This role would suit a person who is a dynamic team player, who is energetic and passionate with a positive attitude with excellent communication and analytical skills who possesses a high degree of integrity and discretion;
- Newly/Nearly qualified actuary with 3-4 years relevant actuarial experience across a broad range of disciplines, be forward-thinking and possess strong analytical skills;
- Strong understanding of life insurance products and operational intricacies, across unit-linked insurance and guaranteed products with exposure to annuity, with- profits and protection products;
- Knowledge of the European insurance market and some exposure to other financial and capital market sectors;
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels, within and across organisational boundaries;
- Strong organisational, influential and communication skills;
- Experience in reinsurance programmes would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in Prophet and Excel would be an advantage, as would be experience using Anaplan.
Closing Date: 31/10/2019
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 3900
Laguna Life DAC
Block 9, Harcourt Centre
UK 0800 0969 127
Spain 902 12 72 72
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument Insurance DAC
Monument Assurance DAC
Block 9, Harcourt Centre
Robein Leven NV
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
St Peter Port