About the role
As Monument RE Group continues its growth trajectory, we are looking to hire a Chief of Staff to play a key role in supporting the Group Chief Operations Officer (GCOO).
In addition, this role will also act a key liaison and support for our Country CEO forum to deliver successful communications and stakeholder management working across our teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with Monument Re senior stakeholders and from the outset this role will have an immediate impact on overseeing programme management, working on strategic projects or initiatives and communicating objectives with our functions. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a focus on stakeholder management advising and collaboration across business units.
- Serve as liaison with Country CEO’s and COO’s as the primary point of contract in the Group COO office for strategic project input, proposals or escalations.
- Act as the primary day to day interface between the GCOO office and other Executive office teams to ensure all key information is highlighted, shared and disseminated further as required.
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with the Group COO and executives on special projects as required.
- Oversee the executive management of daily operations through collaboration with senior management and other function leaders including;
- Manage the preparation and coordination for the CEO Forum, COO and CTO Communities including all programme steering meetings.
- Prepare all materials for key meetings in a timely manner, from generating pre read information to general correspondence required.
- Planning and executive management of logistics for GCOO Operations and team initiatives i.e., strategy team events, conference etc.
- Project management of COO specific change projects, ensuring all internal and external regulatory reporting requirements are met and monitoring all open action items on central Group dashboards.
- Ideally hold 5+ years in a business or executive management role with proven success in project coordination.
- Professional experience gained in Financial Services, including Insurance and Re-insurance.
- Hold a Master’s degree ideally in Business Administration or similar business field.
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management would be advantageous.
- Be a self-starter, pragmatic and efficient with the ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to communicate to all levels of Executive and Operational Teams.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and escalate any concerns within the operations environment.
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
- Extremely versatile and comfortable with working on own initiative with minimal supervision and adaptable to a changing environment to support the business.
- Highly organised with attention to detail; skilled in Programme and Project Management with key skills as a problem solver.
- A dynamic team player who demonstrates an energetic and positive attitude to collaborate and learn from others.
This role can be filled in any Monument Re Group Location
30th September 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
Monument is an equal opportunities employer.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue