About the role
Eager to take up a compliance role in an international, dynamic and strongly growing company in the financial sector? Monument group has a unique business model that consists in acquiring Life Insurance portfolios. Monument Assurance Belgium, part of the Monument group, is regulated by the NBB and the FSMA.
To support its further growth, Monument Belgium is looking for 2 Compliance Officers. In this role, you will get the exciting chance to acquire insights in regulatory compliance within all departments of our organization.
Monument offers you:
▪ The opportunity to join a pleasant and dynamic team;
▪ The chance to be a part of a young and strongly growing international company with acquisitions that make news headlines;
▪ Plenty of growth possibilities within Belgium as well as at Group level in an environment that stimulates learning and developing your potential;
▪ A competitive remuneration package.
As Compliance Officer you will support the activities of Monument Belgium through compliance advice. You will gain extensive knowledge of the operations of a Belgian insurance company and will have contact with all departments. You will closely collaborate with the Head of Compliance of Monument Belgium.
Your tasks will include, among others:
- Assist in the completion of regulatory filings to the National Bank of Belgium and FSMA, including those with Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) reporting, and of internal group reports;
- Assist in the development and update of the AML screening program and in the design of the internal procedures and controls relevant to sanction screening and the prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing;
- Assist in the AML analysis of acquired insurance portfolios and support the inclusion of such analysis in the relevant software systems for portfolio management;
- Provide support for compliance monitoring, compliance audits and complaints management;
- Support the revision of internal policies related to risks, internal control and compliance;
- Deal with general day-to-day queries on regulatory matters and AML, and provide support to M&A projects from a compliance perspective;
- Give trainings to personnel;
- Advocate clean governance practice and promote an organizational culture committed to integrity and ethical conduct.
- Master in Belgian Law, Economics, Finance or other relevant background;
- A first working experience in a compliance role in the financial sector is a strong asset but not required;
- Interest in insurance law, compliance, ethics and/or AML;
- Excellent command of English and Dutch or French, and a good level of French or Dutch;
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Strong detail orientation and analytical;
- Enthusiastic, energetic and entrepreneurial;
- Good communicator with external stakeholders as well as internal stakeholders and colleagues;
- Eager to learn and share knowledge, flexible and open-minded;
- High level of integrity and discretion;
- Team player with ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, service minded and solution and result oriented.
Brussels or Liège, Belgium
16 September 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Monument Re Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Our Corporate values of Trust and Collaboration demonstrate our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture where all our employees feel respected and valued. We recognise that each employee brings their own unique skill sets, capabilities, immutable characteristics, and varied experiences to their work. In turn, the Monument Re Group provides a work environment for all our employees to achieve personal and professional growth and development throughout their careers with us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue