About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated recently qualified actuary to join our UK actuarial team. The Finance Actuary will play a critical role in supporting Monument’s growing portfolio of Reinsurance Business, including the integration of new deals into our existing book.
- Develop models for reserving, experience analysis and capital management for new reinsurance deals;
- Analyse market and own experience to propose actuarial assumptions for Monument’s reinsurance business and review those with key stakeholders in our UK and Bermudian actuarial teams.
- Carry out due diligence on operational aspects of potential new deals, including the review of the cedant’s actuarial and administrative processes and assessing the fit of these with those used for Monument’s existing business;
- Ensure potential new treaties reflect the cedant’s and Monument’s operating standards;
- Assist our UK and Bermudian actuarial teams with Financial Reporting on both regulatory and collateral account bases;
- Carry out business planning, experience analysis and stress testing for both new deals and the existing reinsurance portfolio;
- Ensure actuarial controls are monitored and maintained via the Risk and Control Self Assessment process. Develop new controls for new reinsurance deals where appropriate; and
- Provide actuarial support as required, to other teams, including Underwriting, Finance, Investments and Risk
- University degree with UK 2:1 or higher (or equivalent)
- Recently qualified Actuary;
- Knowledge of Actuarial Modelling software (e.g. Prophet or RAFM) would be beneficial but not essential;
- Strong understanding of life (re)insurance products, especially annuities and protection business;
- Experience in financial reporting, reserving, capital management and experience analysis;
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- This role would suit a person who is a dynamic team player;
- Willing to accept a variety of challenging technical and non-technical matters; and
- Be both flexible and adaptable to a changing environment, while having the ability to prioritise work efficiently and effectively.
15th February 2023
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Monument Re Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Our Corporate values of Trust and Collaboration demonstrate our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture where all our employees feel respected and valued. We recognise that each employee brings their own unique skill sets, capabilities, immutable characteristics, and varied experiences to their work. In turn, the Monument Re Group provides a work environment for all our employees to achieve personal and professional growth and development throughout their careers with us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue