About the role
We are looking for a temporary Financial Accountant to support the growth of the UK Finance function within the Monument Re Group. The role-holder will have responsibility to provide accounting and financial reporting processes for various business units within the Group, as well as managing relationships with key internal and external outsourced service providers.
The role is based in our London office, this is a temporary maternity cover over a period of 9 months.
- Assist with preparation of monthly management reports in line with accounting standards and maintaining underlying key account reconciliations and controls with adherence to local and Group reporting deadlines
- Prepare local annual financial accounts for UK service and holding companies including liaising and managing the audit
- Effectively track centrally charged project costs and allocate costs across the group
- Manage recharges and intercompany reconciliations with other group entities
- Liaise with internal and external service recipients including preparation of service and KPI reports
- Support internal tax team in calculation and submit the annual corporation tax return
- Support the quarterly VAT return, ensuring the correct VAT treatment has been applied to the GL coding. Point of contact for VAT queries within the company
Effective management of risks and controls, including critical evaluation of processes to ensure internal risk and control objectives are met
- Qualified accountant (ICAEW, ACCA or CIMA)
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior management throughout the Group
- Have awareness of control environments within financial systems and ability to address weakness
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Monument Re Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Our Corporate values of Trust and Collaboration demonstrate our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture where all our employees feel respected and valued. We recognise that each employee brings their own unique skill sets, capabilities, immutable characteristics, and varied experiences to their work. In turn, the Monument Re Group provides a work environment for all our employees to achieve personal and professional growth and development throughout their careers with us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue