About the role
Are you looking to work with a growing multinational, fast-paced organization? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Group Compliance (Financial Crime) Manager who will act in the capacity of the second line of defence for the Monument Re Group. The role will support the Group Head of Compliance & Corporate Governance in providing advice, guidance, and oversight, focusing on, but not limited to, financial crime risks.
- Act as the Group’s central point of contact for financial crime-related queries by providing timely advice/guidance/support to the Group’s regional Compliance teams and the business;
- To take the lead in ensuring the Group’s anti-financial crime framework is robust and to oversee the effective operation of the same;
- Assist with the development and achievement of the annual Compliance plan and Compliance Monitoring plan;
- Carry out Regulatory Horizon Scanning and ensure that such information is appropriately disseminated;
- Assist in ensuring the Compliance Universe is kept up to date;
- Assist the business in the identification and resolution of regulatory incidents and breaches;
- To assist in the regular reporting of compliance Key Risk Indicators, and periodic Board and Committee reporting;
- Ensure colleagues are receiving adequate training on financial crime (and other regulatory topics as required) and ensure awareness of the Group’s standards in this respect is maintained and refreshed periodically; and
- Provide anti-financial crime / general compliance support / guidance to the Group’s projects and initiatives as required.
- Min 5 years’ multi-jurisdictional Life and Pensions experience preferably with knowledge of Reinsurance. Experience in the investments field would also be an advantage;
- Strong understanding/experience in anti-financial crime regulations and practices, in particular, those related to money laundering / terrorist financing, sanctions, fraud, bribery and corruption, insider dealing;
- Excellent experience in promoting an anti-financial crime / general compliance culture and awareness within an organization;
- Experience of acquisition due diligence preferred;
- Relevant ICA qualification or equivalent preferred; and
- Ability to demonstrate keeping abreast of regulatory change and understanding and interpreting regulatory requirements.
- Excellent work ethic with planning and organisation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Team player with the ability to also work autonomously;
- Inquisitive approach and willingness to challenge the status quo; Objective, analytical and lateral thinking individual with an eye for detail; and
- Committed to maintaining high levels of integrity and ethical conduct.
Please note that this role can be based in any of our Monument Re Group locations
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue