About the role
The Group Head of Unit Linked is a key global role within the COO function at Monument Re Group, and would suit a senior candidate with proven leadership and delivery experience. Specifically, a candidate with proven financial, regulatory and industry knowledge, with significant management expertise in commercial negotiations, as related to the end to end management of the Global Unit Linked business line.
The role will report to the Group Chief Operating Officer, with the role holder leading the investment, transaction and operational strategies, this includes European sites with Unit Linked business.
- New Business
- Engagement and representation on new deals as part of Transaction activity; as related to Group Unit Linked business across sites.
- Includes completion of due diligence documentation for Group Fund Administration and Unit Linked Investments, for submission to the Monument Re Board.
- Resource Management
- Leading and motivating large multi-disciplined teams, across sites, to ensure optimal delivery on production release to multiple European markets daily; as well as, Group Fund Consolidation Activity and delivery of Group Unit Linked Strategy.
- Additionally, ensuring successful on board processes onto Group (Ireland) Fund Administration system, for new books and legacy books from across local sites to Group (Ireland).
- Management of C Suite and Other Stakeholders
- Leading and managing activity for Group Unit Linked as related to data – CIO engagement, Risk, Legal, Compliance, External and Internal Audit
- Extensive engagement with External Audit alongside Finance and Actuarial teams at year end, ensuring Balance Sheet and P&L items are backed up and explained where clarity Is needed. Understanding of Financial Statements is essential.
- Membership and representation of Group UL at CEO Forum
- Setting and Achieving Strategy across Group to Agreed Timelines
- Setting strategy for Group Fund Admin with local CEOs’ buy in for coming year, e.g. Unit Shorting proposition, and Actuarial Funding, as related to Group Unit Linked assets; including system Feasibility and Risk of proposals.
- Mgt and Oversight of legal entities across Group as related to service – from Group Fund Admin, and additionally for execution of Group Strategy (Group Fund Consolidation, Group Unit Linked Website).
- Leading and managing software vendor relationships at Group level – MorningStar, InvestPro, Bloomberg; ensuring optimal commercial terms for Monument Re Group.
- Tracking Benefits across Group Unit Linked business line, along with clear strategy on future benefits and recommendations (Unit shorting and Actuarial fund for example).
- Oversight and Management of Group Unit Linked Website roll out, including coordination across all sites, using Project Mgt and Business Analyst resources from Group Integrations team, alongside local team input and collaboration, to ensure delivery by end of year.
- Group Fund Administration resource planning and coverage, including expanding Group books onboard from local sites to Ireland, and associated costs and FTE, e.g. further books from Luxembourg and Belgium.
- Bloomberg commercial contract review across group, to ensure optimal commercial structure. This includes mgt of data licence compliance risk for all sites, and feasibility of new licences for sites without access, where feasible.
- Production Mgt and Input
- Oversight and guidance on Escalated production/ Fund Administration issues, with a deep knowledge of Balance Sheet workings (Finance and accounting related)
- Mid-year and annual reviews for Group Fund Administration, Group Fund Consolidation, and related input for resources from Group (Actuarial, Integrations).
- Demonstratable management and leadership within Unit Linked Policyholder, related to traditional insured funds within the unit linked fund industry and target operating models for Fund Policyholders within Insurance;
- Extensive c-suite stakeholder management experience in investment operations for multiple fund types, as related end to end policyholder investment products, Fund Administration and Fund Consolidation. For example, working with local CEO’s, Group CIO, Global vendors, Custodians and Fund Managers to ensure optimal target operating model for Investments.
- Occasional travel across European offices of Monument Re Group to ensure consistency of fund consolidation and reporting across Unit Linked Business lines, especially during period of on boarding of business across Europe.
- Carrying out duties with integrity and diligence, ensuring that professional standards are maintained, that the investment requirements and reporting deadlines are met; for production and Fund Consolidation activities, evidencing controls to ensure records are maintained and delivery processes are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
Any Monument Location
15 August 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
Monument is an equal opportunities employer
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue