About the role
Looking for an exciting new opportunity as part of a growing and dynamic insurance company? Ready to take the next step in your career as part of proactive and results driven team? If so, then Monument Re Group has an exciting vacancy for a Procurement Manager which may be for you.
- Be part of a project team establishing the new Vendor Management business unit at group level with a particular focus on building procurement processes for all Monument entities (Bermuda, Crown Dependencies, Belgium, Ireland, Luxembourg and the UK) and establishing a Category Management approach.
- Define and manage the procurement strategy for the Group working closely with the Group Head of Vendor Management and key stakeholders (Business Change Office, CTO and Function Heads;
- Develop sourcing category plans in accordance with objectives and inputs set by Group Change Office, IT Vendor management and Function Heads;
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal clients. Be seen as a key facilitator for business success within each local entity;
- Supervise the preparation of tender documentation, ensuring requirements are competitive;
- Manage and co-ordinate contract negotiations, supporting management achieve favourable outcomes;
- Work closely with other Vendor Management teams across on-boarding and contract management and with the Legal and Finance functions, ensuring all parties can execute their role in the procurement process;
- Evaluate purchasing performance periodically of Monument Group and each local entity with their respective management teams;
- Support the development and roll out of continuous improvement and regulatory change projects;
- Ensure accuracy of procurement reporting.
- 5+ years experience working within a procurement function with 2 years in a manager level procurement role.
- Previous success building a procurement capability, with standardised processes and tools at a group level an advantage
- Experience working within Insurance or financial services, with a focus on professional services, BPO or IT solutions highly desirable;
- Experience working within an outsourced operations environment;
- Experience developing and maintaining a bank of fit for purpose tools and templates (Rfx, business case, scoring etc);
- Ability to balance Group policies and processes with varying local requirements and managing needs of both Group and local entities
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to present to Senior Monument staff;
- Fluency in French desirable;
- Ability to prioritise projects while ensuring the needs of the business are met;
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels, within and across organisational boundaries;
- Strong organisational and negotiating skills;
- Experience in continuous improvement and process development with respect to Vendor Management an advantage;
- Really like the sound of this job but don’t feel you tick all the boxes? Get in touch and lets see if you have other attributes that might make you a great fit for this role.
Please note that this role can be based in any of our Monument Re Group locations
17th October 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
Monument is an equal opportunities employer
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue