About the role
Open for an exciting and broad tax role where you can take the lead on all direct and indirect tax matters within Monument Belgium?
Monument Belgium is looking for a Head of Tax to reinforce its Finance team. In this role, you will report directly to the CFO of Monument Assurance Belgium and will be responsible for handling all aspects of direct and indirect tax for the Insurance company and associated service and real estate companies, ensure that tax returns are filed correctly, monitor tax risks and develop tax strategies for the Belgian business.
- Preparation of monthly VAT returns for all entities in the local VAT group; management of the VAT group;
- Management of the annual corporate income tax returns process for all local companies;
- In cooperation with operations, ensuring the monthly IPT returns are submitted and payments are made on a timely and accurate basis;
- Undertaking analysis and calculations to support deferred tax assets and liabilities in Solvency II balance sheet and other bases as required;
- Undertaking of other tax reporting as required in Belgium;
- Monitoring of the tax environment to understand risks, opportunities and required actions for Monument Assurance Belgium and related companies;
- Advising on tax risks and opportunities in relation to real estate assets;
- Advising on tax aspects of M&A activity, working alongside legal
- Participate in ad hoc duties + projects as they present within the team.
- Relevant qualification;
- Sufficient experience to work independently and lead on tax matters;
- Experience of life assurance business and/or real estate business would be ideal;
- Tax reporting and calculation experience;
- Efficient with excellent attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
30 September 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Monument Re Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Our Corporate values of Trust and Collaboration demonstrate our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture where all our employees feel respected and valued. We recognise that each employee brings their own unique skill sets, capabilities, immutable characteristics, and varied experiences to their work. In turn, the Monument Re Group provides a work environment for all our employees to achieve personal and professional growth and development throughout their careers with us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue