About the role
Interested to join a strongly growing and dynamic international insurance company? To reinforce its HR team, Monument Belgium is looking for an HR Business Partner for its Liège office. You will report to the HR Director Belgium and will have an essential role in delivering Monument’s HR agenda in Belgium, with a strong focus on change and integration.
Monument offers you:
- An exciting chance to contribute to the delivery of the HR agenda for Monument in Belgium;
- The chance to join a pleasant and dynamic HR team where your input is valued and where you can have an essential impact;
- You recognize yourself in our values: Commit & Own, Trust, Flexible, Collaborate and Learn.
- Plenty of growth possibilities in an environment that stimulates learning and developing your potential;
- Flexible working hours including home working possibilities; and
- A competitive remuneration package, including advantages such as a company car, net allowance, meal vouchers, group and hospitalisation insurance.
- You will be responsible for a broad range of operational HR activities in Belgium, relating to career management, training, personal development, engagement etc. You will provide proactive HR solutions to deliver on the corporate goals and the Monument Group strategy;
- Coach and support managers on all aspects of the employee lifecycle, from sourcing and talent management to offboarding;
- Coordinate the employee performance management and pay review process;
- Work on change and culture related projects together with managers and employees;
- Operational management of 2 HR colleagues responsible for payroll and HR admin support;
- Accountable for all HR administration including payroll, HRIS (Personio) and benefit administration in coperation with the 2 HR colleagues;
- Support the HR Director in the preparation and follow-up of meetings with the trade union bodies;
- Build strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the HR agenda;
- Support continuous improvement of policies and procedures and build practical and scalable processes in close cooperation with the Monument leadership team;
- Collaborate with group and regional HR colleagues to ensure appropriate HR initiatives are designed and deployed.
- This role would suit a dynamic team player, who is energetic and passionate with a positive can-do attitude with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Relevant qualification and at least 5 years of proven and broad soft and/or hard HR BP experience;
- Experience in the insurance or financial sector is an asset;
- Professional knowledge of French and English is a must; knowledge of Dutch is a plus;
- Ability to work in a very agile and fast growing organisation with a high degree of ambiguity;
- Ability to take ownership and know when to escalate;
- Strong organisational, influential skills and ability to prioritise work efficiently and effectively;
- You are pro-active, pragmatic and solution oriented;
- You are a true people person with an ability to collaborate with employees at all levels and across multi-functional teams;
- You will be based in our Liège office and are prepared to be present on an occasional basis in our Brussels office.
20 December 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Monument Re Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Our Corporate values of Trust and Collaboration demonstrate our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture where all our employees feel respected and valued. We recognise that each employee brings their own unique skill sets, capabilities, immutable characteristics, and varied experiences to their work. In turn, the Monument Re Group provides a work environment for all our employees to achieve personal and professional growth and development throughout their careers with us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue