About the role
Monument Re, through its subsidiaries, is a leading run-off consolidator in the European insurance market. We structure a range of capital and risk solutions for insurers including reinsurance, portfolio transfer or acquisition.
Monument Belgium has a unique business model that consists in acquiring Life Insurance Businesses. We have acquired multiple life portfolios and insurance companies over the last years and 2021 marked a very special year with the acquisition of Integrale SA and an AXA book. We know this requires among other things a specialised skillset in integrating and transforming these companies. We have one of the busiest change agendas in the insurance industry for the coming years. To reach our targets and craft our new target operating model, we have initiated a multi-functional and multi-year Programme.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT Belgium the Project Manager IT is a key role in supporting our transformational agenda.
In this specific role you will be driving the transformational agenda in IT and supporting other functions. This said, we are looking for an experienced project Manager in IT. (Life-) Insurance related exposure in the past is not a precondition but a clear differentiating factor.
As a member of the IT Organization you will be in charge of the execution of the transformation program defined and approved by our Management Team.
- Develop project activities plans in IT infrastructure and software development projects context;
- Coordinate IT aspects/sub-tracks of business projects together and in tight cooperation with the PMO organization and business;
- Manage all aspect of the various projects and sub-projects assigned;
- Responsible for project communication;
- Prepare and conduct meetings, discussions and briefing sessions;
- Perform internal and external reporting for the Head of IT and Management Team;
- Report status and progress of projects to Head of IT and other stakeholders when required;
- Monitor and control the compliance with regulations in all activities;
- Ensure that tasks are properly updated to reflect actual situation; and
- Manage the demand and ensure refinement of work is properly performed.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in IT, engineering, or a related field;
- Proven hands-on experience in project management in IT related domain;
- Proven experience in leading IT projects, including an in-depth understanding of the IT environment (infrastructure, security, processes, application development);
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Pro-active, reliable and good in self-organization;
- Experience in working in an international environment;
- Good IT and system knowledge;
- Relevant experience:
- 3-8 years’ experience from similar position or related functional area; and
- Proficient user of MS Office tools.
- You can describe yourself as someone who:
- Communicates concisely and efficient;
- Takes the lead, acts pro-actively, sets priorities and is well organized;
- Likes analysing, solving problems and is result-oriented;
- Likes working in a changing environment; and
- Is a real team player.
- Able and comfortable to work in a team and individually; and
- You communicate fluently in English & French (oral and written), Dutch is an asset.
Belgium Brussels / Liège
October 28th, 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Monument Re Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Our Corporate values of Trust and Collaboration demonstrate our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture where all our employees feel respected and valued. We recognise that each employee brings their own unique skill sets, capabilities, immutable characteristics, and varied experiences to their work. In turn, the Monument Re Group provides a work environment for all our employees to achieve personal and professional growth and development throughout their careers with us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue