About the role
Due to continued business growth, Monument Re is looking to hire a London based Junior Project Analyst, who will be part of the Underwriting Team. Reporting into the Head of Transactions Management, you will be working within an entrepreneurial, fast – moving and deal-oriented environment. The post-holder will play a pivotal role in the planning, and management required for transactions, namely,
Reinsurance, Acquisitions or Portfolio Transfers. This position provides the opportunity to interact with key stakeholders across the various jurisdictions in which the Monument Group conducts its
business and gain valuable deal experience.
- Assist in planning for the successful delivery of transactions. This includes coordinating updates from key stakeholders throughout the transaction lifecycle and updating the Transaction Checklist with evidence;
- Lead and provide administrative support for all members of the Group Underwriting function;
- Logging new business development updates from across the jurisdictions via dedicated forums;
- Producing information and/or analysis for internal and external stakeholders;
- Managing transaction data rooms, ensuring relevant workstreams have access to the latest materials produced by sell-side;
- Tracking advisor costs and reporting this to Group Finance on a periodic basis;
- Stakeholder engagement, with a view to prompting on key dates, deliverables and upcoming meetings;
- Coordinating meetings, both internal and external, on progress or delivery of key milestones within a project plan;
- Assist with production of Board reports, Management reports and other reporting as required;
- Recording and distributing minutes of project team meetings;
- Support in developing and maintaining key processes, controls and documentation for the Group Underwriting Team across the transaction lifecycle;
- Support the Group Underwriting Team with additional ad-hoc projects arising, and any BAU support.
- University Bachelor Degree is desirable;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrable experience using the Microsoft Office suite of applications;
- Highly organized, attentive to detail and proficient in processing information.
- An efficient self-starter, capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing, in a fast-moving environment;
- Robust and focused, prepared to take on significant workload for periods, when the need arises;
- Keen desire and drive to learn, demonstrated via internships or work experience;
- Flexible approach to working with a positive attitude and ability to multitask;
- Project Management Professional or related professional qualification would be beneficial.
Note, learning and development is encouraged as part of Monument Re’s culture. You will be supported if you wish to pursue professional qualifications in a relevant programme.
20th November 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Monument Re Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Our Corporate values of Trust and Collaboration demonstrate our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture where all our employees feel respected and valued. We recognise that each employee brings their own unique skill sets, capabilities, immutable characteristics, and varied experiences to their work. In turn, the Monument Re Group provides a work environment for all our employees to achieve personal and professional growth and development throughout their careers with us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue