About the role
Want to be part of a growing, dynamic and international insurance company and take the next step in your career? Interested in operational risk management, insurance integrations and outsourcing? Keen to move into a risk oversight role? To support its further growth, Monument would like to hire an Operational Risk Officer who will make an important contribution to the sustainable growth of the business.
- A challenging position with a broad scope and with a lot of variety and autonomy in a dynamic and strongly growing insurance company;
- Many opportunities for personal development in a pleasant and driven team;
- Flexible working hours and home working possibilities; and
- An attractive salary package with fringe benefits such as insurances, meal vouchers, laptop etc.
- Manage the production of risk reviews, addressing Monument’s key operational risks (focusing amongst others on IT and customer services), working with external specialists where appropriate;
- Lead the risk and control self-assessment process for Monument Belgium, providing challenge and advice to the business as appropriate;
- Support the embedding of the Monument group risk management framework to acquired businesses and portfolios;
- Provide operational risk input for the solvency self- assessment and risk reporting;
- Plan and lead the review of risk management policies;
- Provide risk management training;
- Keep abreast of the latest industry and regulatory developments in relation to operational risk management; and
- Ensure that professional standards are maintained, that all corporate requirements and reporting deadlines are met, that records are maintained, and that processes and controls are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
- Relevant degree, for example in business management, economics, engineering or sciences;
- Keen interest in business processes and operational risk management and preferably 3 to 5 years of experience in operational risk management or in an operational role in the insurance sector;
- Good understanding or experience in customer services, IT and/or systems and processes;
- Professional knowledge of French and English, knowledge of Dutch is a plus;
- Proven stakeholder management and communication skills;
- Project and change management expertise;
- Comfortable keeping multiple projects progressing simultaneously and proven organisational skills;
- Personal qualities including pro-activity, perseverance, resilience, flexibility and pragmatism;
- Proven ability to think and work independently, to provide direction and to challenge ideas in a constructive, practical and solutions-oriented manner;
- Excellent business acumen, strong relationship management skills, along with the expertise to navigate and achieve the organization’s risk goals; and
- Capable user of Microsoft office suite with ability and confidence to work with new technologies;
Liège or Brussels, Belgium
16 September 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Monument Re Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Our Corporate values of Trust and Collaboration demonstrate our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture where all our employees feel respected and valued. We recognise that each employee brings their own unique skill sets, capabilities, immutable characteristics, and varied experiences to their work. In turn, the Monument Re Group provides a work environment for all our employees to achieve personal and professional growth and development throughout their careers with us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue