About the role
Do you have a Master in Economics, Law, Finance or other and a first experience in procurement, supplier management and/or contract management? Are you eager to learn all tips & tricks in vendor management and outsourcing in the financial sector? Join our Monument outsourcing team and enjoy a variety of tasks and many opportunities for personal development!
You will report to the outsourcing manager and you will have following responsibilities:
- To maintain a good working relationships with critical/strategic vendors (“vendors”) to allow for effective oversight and monitoring relationship;
- To actively manage relationships with those vendors , in line with Monument’s Outsourcing Framework and Regulatory Standards at all times;
- To manage the Incident and Breach process with the vendors to ensure all regulatory requirements are met;
- To facilitate Client Service Meetings between Monument and those vendors and ensure they are scheduled in time with the correct audience;
- Take the Minute of Meetings, logging and following up on action points;
- To collaborate with the Business and Contract management teams in scope / gap / risk analysis, governance, management of change requests, monitor acceptance procedures, contract interpretations, contract extensions / terminations, assisting to resolve any disputes, etc. based on agreed priorities;
- To support the Accounts Payable team in reviewing and approving Third Party invoices;
- Work closely with the Outsourcing Manager to support the budgeting and invoice process;
- To provide regular status updates to the Outsourcing Manager and escalate issues as they arise;
- To review current reporting requirements and develop improvements for consolidation of reporting;
- Assess existing processes and identify areas of weakness for improvement and streamlining to industry best practices;
- Be a proactive team member, a trustful advisor to the business team and local Executive Management;
- Work within cross functional project teams to support the on-boarding and due diligence processes for new vendors; and take care of other related reporting and tasks as they arise.
- Bachelor or Master in Economics, Law or other relevant background;
- A first experience in or a proven interest in procurement, vendor management and/or contract management is required;
- Experience in the insurance, financial services or consultancy sector is a strong asset;
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and French and effective organizational and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Understanding of outsourcing regulations and /or central bank (NBB) views on outsourcing is a plus;
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills and eagerness to learn;
- Detail orientated with ability to manage multiple workloads with multiple vendors;
- Ability to work in fast changing organisation and to tight deadlines and able to cope with ambiguity;
- Data analysis skills and be able to compile insightful reporting from a variety internal and external sources and for a variety of audiences;
- Experience in continuous improvement and process development with respect to operations or outsourcing is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft software including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
Brussels or Liège, Belgium
30 September 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Monument Re Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Our Corporate values of Trust and Collaboration demonstrate our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture where all our employees feel respected and valued. We recognise that each employee brings their own unique skill sets, capabilities, immutable characteristics, and varied experiences to their work. In turn, the Monument Re Group provides a work environment for all our employees to achieve personal and professional growth and development throughout their careers with us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue