About the role
Monument Re group has a unique business model that consists in acquiring Life Insurance Businesses in Europe. We have acquired multiple life insurance portfolios and insurance companies over the last years. To support our continuous growth, Monument Belgium is looking for a Senior Accountant to reinforce the accounting and reporting function.
You will have the chance to play a leading role in the insurance accounting activities of Monument Belgium. You will be based in our offices in Liège or Brussels and will have regular interactions with Local Finance based in Liège and with Group Finance.
Monument offers you:
- The opportunity to join a strongly growing and successful international insurance company with a human size and short reporting lines;
- A stimulating environment with direct interaction with senior management and with a broad variety of tasks and projects;
- Many opportunities for personal development, on the job, by means of trainings and by exchanging with colleagues;
- An attractive remuneration package including extralegal benefits.
- Flexible working hours and home working possibilities.
As Senior Accountant you will play a leading role in the day-to-day insurance accounting activities of Monument Belgium, ensuring successful delivery of financial and management accounts. You will report to the Insurance Accounting Manager and your responsibilities will include:
- Perform general ledger accounting entries in line with BEGAAP insurance accounting, including but not limited to cost accounting, investment accounting and insurance technical accounting;
- Prepare accounting adjustments in line with the Monument Group Accounting policies;
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Assist in the delivery of the yearly audit procedure;
- Support the Finance team on ad-hoc projects and initiatives;
- Collaborate with team members to meet internal and external deadlines set by management and by the Regulator;
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure successful onboarding and completion of integration processes relating to acquisitions of life insurance portfolios.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as an Accountant in the (Life) insurance industry;
- Experience with Purchase GAAP and with the Microsoft Dynamics accounting platform is considered an asset;
- Strong command of French and English, knowledge of Dutch is an asset;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) is a must;
- Teamplayer with ability to work independently;
- High level of enthusiasm, commitment and energy.
- Results-oriented with a problem-solving mentality that enables to deal with short and long-term tasks and projects;
- Good communicator with external and internal stakeholders and colleagues;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to work under tight financial reporting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Liège or Brussels, Belgium
31 January 2023
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Monument Re Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Our Corporate values of Trust and Collaboration demonstrate our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture where all our employees feel respected and valued. We recognise that each employee brings their own unique skill sets, capabilities, immutable characteristics, and varied experiences to their work. In turn, the Monument Re Group provides a work environment for all our employees to achieve personal and professional growth and development throughout their careers with us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue