About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Underwriting Graduate to join our Group Underwriting Team. The role will provide valuable insurance M&A and reinsurance experience working as part of the team. The role will involve supporting transaction activity as well as the planning and management of projects associated with strategic acquisitions.
- Assist the Underwriting team, based in Bermuda and London, across the Transaction lifecycle encompassing:
- Business development and pipeline reporting;
- Management of due diligence workstreams including external advisors;
- Internal reporting (e.g. Group Exco/Board) on transaction related matters;
- Assist with project management of transactions including:
- Managing transaction data rooms; and
- Handling file documentation and transaction documentation.
- Help to maintain and develop coordination and control over reporting processes for the Underwriting team;
- Project management work including:
- Scoping, planning and communicating transaction timelines;
- Coordinating meetings for tracking of deliverables;
- Recording and distributing Minutes of project team meetings;
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and other documents as necessary; and
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Bermudian or holder of Bermudian Status;
- University degree with (US 3.2 GPA; UK 2:1 or higher) with keen interests in business related fields (e.g. investment banking, reinsurance, finance, accounting, actuarial science);
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint);
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- This role would suit a person who is a dynamic team player;
- Individual who is energetic and passionate with a positive attitude;
- An efficient self-starter, capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast-moving environment;
- Willing to accept a variety of challenging technical and non-technical matters;
- Robust and focused, prepared to take on significant workload for periods, when the need arises; and
- Appetite for the demands of transaction work and can be both flexible and adaptable to a changing environment, while having the ability to prioritise work efficiently and effectively.
- Support for professional designation, for example actuarial, accounting, investments and project management qualifications all supported.
5th August 2022
Equal Opportunities Statement
Monument is an equal opportunities employer.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Would you like to join our exciting business but don’t see a role that suits you? Then why not submit your CV anyway?
4 Par-la-Ville Road
+1 441 400 9300
Monument Life Insurance DAC
Two Park Place,
Upper Hatch Street,
Monument Assurance Belgium
Koloniënstraat | rue des Colonies 11
1000 Brussel | Bruxelles
Belgie | Belgique
+32 (0) 78 050 006
Monument Assurance Luxembourg S.A.
5, rue Eugène Ruppert
+352-264 98 1
Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited
St George’s Court
Upper Church Street
Isle of Man IM1 1EE
+44 1624 683 683
Robein Leven NV
2514 JH Den Haag,
070 376 66 66
Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited
OLD bank chambers
La grande rue